How do you handle requests for bone height augmentations of 3.7 mm and more? A recent study by Sagheb et al.1 demonstrates good outcomes for 17 patients with a total of 21 different regions who were treated with Yxoss CBR® (ReOss Ltd., Filderstadt, Germany) combined with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and autologous bone (1:1 ratio). Here some highlights:
- Vertical bone gain of 6.5 ± 1.7 mm1
- Horizontal bone gain of 5.5 ± 1.9 mm1
- 100 % of implant survival after a mean follow-up of 12 ± 6 months1
A customized and innovative 3-D-printed solution
Yxoss CBR® is a 3-D-printed titanium scaffold engineered and developed for customized treatment of patients with complex alveolar ridge defects, and it combines the advantages of 3-D imaging, planning tools, and 3-D printing. For more Information about the main characteristics and advantages of Yxoss CBR®, <link file:32332 download file>click here.
Yxoss CBR® Backward: A scaffold as surgical guide
Performing regenerative procedures together with a surgical guide for correct prosthetic implant positioning is also possible. During a simultaneous approach or at the time of reopening, Yxoss CBR® Backward, with its pre-existing openings, can serve as a surgical guide for the positioning of the implant pilot drill. Further implant insertions steps can be performed after the removal of the scaffold.
Yxoss CBR® in combination with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®
Yxoss CBR® technology allows combined autologous and xenogeneic bone graft augmentation:
- Autologous bone combines osteogenesis, osteoconductivity and osteoinductivity.2
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® protects the grafted bone volume due to the low resorption rates, and supports rapid and integrated bone growth thanks to its osteoconductivity.2-4
- Geistlich Bio-Gide®, as a preserved native bilayer structure, protects effectively the graft from soft tissue ingrowth5 and mechanical dislocation.6
A wide range of tools
Geistlich offers a comprehensive portfolio of tools, which will help you to discover the surgical procedures using a <link https: www.geistlich-pharma.com en dental yxoss-cbr user-benefits external-link-new-window external link in new>3-D animated movie, and details of the ordering process and product features. In addition, can you learn more from an expert? EXACTLY. The <link https: www.geistlich-pharma.com fileadmin content geistlich_pharma pdf pdfs_dental_englisch external-link-new-window external link in new>product brochure includes 10 cases from leading clinicians with surgeries and concepts adapted for differing bone defects.
Visit our dedicated <link https: www.geistlich-pharma.com en dental yxoss-cbr user-benefits external-link-new-window external link in new>website to stay up-to-date!
<link file:32329 download file>Please find images under this link.
- Sagheb K, et al.: Int J Implant Dent 2017;3(1):36.
- Galindo-Moreno P, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2014;25(3):378-84.
- Buser D, et al.: J Periodontol 2013;84(11):1517-27.
- Testori T, et al.: Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2013;33(4):467-75.
- Becker J, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2009 ;20(7):742-9.
- Annen BM, et al.: Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011 Summer;4(2):87-100.