Soft tissue regeneration has become increasingly important in restoring functionality and esthetic appearance.
The standard materials for soft tissue regeneration are autogenous free-gingival grafts and connective tissue grafts, but harvesting soft tissues from the palate is painful, technically demanding and time-consuming.
- No donor site means less pain1,2, morbidity3 and surgical chair-time1,2,4.
- Natural texture and color match to surrounding native tissue5,6.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is indicated for:
- Minimally traumatic tooth extractions, when the alveolar buccal wall is preserved
- Increasing the width of the keratinized tissue (KT) around teeth and implants
Geistlich Mucograft® and Geistlich Mucograft® Seal provide an alternative to autogenous grafts for soft-tissue regeneration1,2,4 and prevent donor site morbidity1,2.
- Sanz M, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal Advisory Board Meeting Report, 2013. Data on file, Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Griffin TJ, et al.: J Periodontol 2006; 77(12): 2070-79.
- Lorenzo R, et al.: Clin Oral Impl Res 2012; 23(3): 316-24.
- Thoma DS, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2012; 39(2): 157-65.
- McGuire MK & Scheyer ET: J Periodontol 2010; 81(8): 1108-17.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.