The immediate placement of an implant in an extraction socket is a desirable therapy option1. It can save time, reduce surgeries and benefit patients – however appropriate case selection and thorough treatment planning are required for successful treatment outcomes2-4. In cases of immediate implant placement, filling the gap between the implant and the buccal bone plate reduces bone resorption and enhances the esthetic result.
Immediate implant placement in combination with Geistlich biomaterials preserves 3D ridge volume compared with immediate implant placement alone5.
- Chen ST, et al.: Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2009; 24 Suppl: 272-78.
- Koh RU, et al.: Implant Dent 2010,19(2): 98-108.
- Evans CDJ & Chen ST: Clin Oral Implants Res 2008; 19: 73-80.
- Hämmerle C, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2012; 23 Suppl 5: 80-82.
- Cardaropoli D, et al.: 2013, data submitted in International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.