Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is a porcine, porous, resorbable and volume-stable collagen matrix, specifically designed for soft-tissue regeneration. The matrix is made of reconstituted collagen and undergoes a chemical cross-linking method, called smart cross-linking. This process improves volume stability of the collagen while maintaining excellent biocompatibility.1-3 The porous network of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® supports angiogenesis, formation of new connective tissue and stability of the collagen network in submerged healing situations.
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® provides an alternative to the gold standard, connective tissue graft, for regenerative soft-tissue procedures.3,5,6 With Geistlich Fibro-Gide® a second surgical site is avoided and patient morbidity is reduced.3,7-9
Inspired by Nature, engineered by Geistlich
Geistlich has drawn from its vast experience in researching, analyzing and commercializing collagen-based products to produce biomaterials that are tailor-made for specific dental procedures and therapeutic solutions. Designing a preferred alternative to soft-tissue grafts has involved years of development, testing and thousands of prototypes.
- Instructions for Use. Geistlich Fibro-Gide®. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Mar; 26(3): 263–70.
- Thoma DS. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2016 Oct; 43(10): 874–85.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012 Dec; 23(12): 1333–9.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2009 Sep; 20 Suppl 4: 146–65.
- Thoma DS. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2014 Apr; 41 Suppl 15: S77–91.
- Sanz M. et al. J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
- Del Pizzo M. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2002 Sep; 29(9): 848–54.
- Soileau KM. & Brannon RB. J Periodontol. 2006 Jul; 77(7): 1267–73.
- Zeltner M. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2017 Apr; 44(4): 446–453.
- Data on file. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.